Where are Man City vs Liverpool playing?
- Location: Manchester, England
- Stadium: Etihad Stadium
- Date: Saturday 1 April
- Kick-off Time: 12:30 GMT / 07:30 ET / 04:30 PT
- Referee: Simon Hooper
- VAR: Matthew Wilkes
How to watch Manchester City vs Liverpool on TV and live stream
Television Channel/Live Stream
, BT Sport Ultimate, BT Sport 1, BT Sport App
Back from making a new milestone on international duty ???????????? pic.twitter.com/UmX7DnP6fj
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) March 30, 2023
Man City vs Liverpool Preview:
Premier League returns with a bang on Saturday when Manchester City host Liverpool in the early kick-off and Pep Guardiola’s side are tipped to come out on top in the eagerly-anticipated clash.
Recent games between these modern-day rivals have become a centrepiece fixture of the Premier League calendar but Liverpool’s marked dip in form this season means a place in the top four is the limit of their ambitions after a disappointing campaign.
But there will be no lack of motivation for Jurgen Klopp’s men as they look to claw their way back into the Champions League places while scuppering the title ambitions of City.
The Citizens, however, will want take any emotion out of the fixture and simply get the job done as they look to defend their league crown.
With Arsenal setting a scorching pace at the top of the table, one slight slip could be enough to dethrone the reigning champions.
Liverpool beat Manchester City 1-0 at Anfield in October and have a strong home record against the Citizens but have won on only one of their last 13 league trips to the Etihad Stadium, losing three of the last five, while they also went down 3-2 there in this season’s Carabao Cup fourth round.
he Reds have also won only one of their last six away games in all competitions, losing at Wolves, Bournemouth, Brighton and Real Madrid, with the only victory coming against 10-man Newcastle.
Klopp’s men have failed to score in four of their last five away games and visit a Manchester City side who have won their last six matches in all competitions by scores of 6-0, 7-0, 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 and 4-1.
City have slipped up away at Manchester United, Tottenham and Newcastle this season, but comfortably beat all three back on home soil, seeing off United 6-3, Spurs 4-2 and Newcastle 2-0 to rack up more points-per-game at home than any other Premier League side.
Manchester City vs Liverpool H2H Results (Last 5 Games)
- Last meeting: Manchester City 3-2 Liverpool – 22 December 2022
- Manchester City: 1 win
- Liverpool: 3 wins
- Draws: 1
Current Premier League Form (Last Five Games)
- Manchester City: WDWWW
- Liverpool: WDWWL
Manchester City predicted lineup (4-3-3): Ederson; Walker, Akanji, Dias, Ake; De Bruyne, Rodri, Gundogan; Bernardo Silva, Haaland, Grealish.
Liverpool predicted lineup (4-3-3): Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Konate, Van Dijk, Robertson; Elliott, Fabinho, Henderson; Salah, Gakpo, Nunez.
Man City vs Liverpool Match Prediction:
- Manchester City were in excellent form prior to the international break, winning six on the bounce in all competitions. They are unbeaten since a 1-0 loss at Tottenham back in February, and have lost just the once at the Etihad this season.
- After smashing Manchester United 7-0, Liverpool lost back-to-back games at Bournemouth and Real Madrid to lose ground in the race for a top-four finish and crash out of the Champions League. Liverpool’s away form has proven their downfall in their quest to finish in the Champions League spots this season having picked up just 12 points on their travels.
- Liverpool’s away day woes should continue in Saturday’s early kick off as City seek to, at least temporarily, close the gap to Arsenal at the top of the table to five points.
Prediction: Manchester City 3-2 Liverpool