Manchester United will face Nottingham Forest at Old Trafford in the second leg of the 2022/2023 Carabao Cup semi-final . The EFL Cup match between Manchester United vs Nottingham Forest will be live Thursday, 2 February 2023, at 20:00 GMT.
One leg Man utd is already in the final. If they can overcome Forest’s resistance, they will face either Southampton or Newcastle in the top match.
Man utd has good capital in the form of a 3-0 victory at home to Forest in the first leg. At that time, Man united won through goals from Marcus Rashford in the 6th minute, Wout Weghorst in the 45th minute, and Bruno Fernandes in the 89th minute.
Last weekend, MU overthrew Reading 3-1 Old Trafford in the FA Cup. Fred contributed one goal, while Casemiro netted two.
MU has faced Forest at Old Trafford this season, namely in Week 17 of the Premier League. At that time, MU also won with a score of 3-0. At that time, MU won through goals from Marcus Rashford in the 19th minute, Anthony Martial in the 23rd minute and Fred in the 87th minute.
Manchester United (4-2-3-1): De Gea; Malacia, Lindelof, Maguire, Wan-Bissaka; Eriksen, Casemiro; Rashford, Fernandes, Antony; Weghorst.
Coach: Erik ten Hag.
Nottingham Forest (4-3-3): Hennessey; Lodi, McKenna, Worrall, Aurier; Scarpa, Danilo, Freuler; Gibbs-White, Surridge, Johnson.
Coach: Steve Cooper.
Stats and Prediction:
- Man Utd has always won in the last 8 meetings with Forest in all competitions.
- Man Utd always scored at least 3 goals in 7 of their last 8 matches against Forest in all competitions.
- Man Utd has always won by scoring 3 goals in its last 2 matches in all competitions.
- Man Utd won 11 of their last 13 matches in all competitions (W11 D1 L1).
- Man Utd has always scored at least 2 goals in 7 of the last 8 matches in all competitions.
- Nott Forest only won 2 times in their last 8 matches in all competitions (W2 D3 L3).
- Nott Forest has only won 2 of their last 10 away matches in all competitions (W2 D2 L6).
Prediction : Manchester United 4-2 Nottingham Forest.